10 Health Benefits to Celery Juicing
MAIN HEALTH BENEFITS OF CELERY JUICE
According to Dr. Gabriella Safdieh, a pediatrician and rheumatologist, these are many of the benefits of celery juicing:
1. The research shows that there definitely are proven health benefits of drinking celery juice.
2. Celery has powerful anti-inflammatory effects, as shown by this study, due to the phytosterol and unidentified polar substances.
3. These anti-inflammatory properties can help with acid reflux, bloating, IBS, constipation, acne, eczema, and other inflammation issues in the body.
4. Celery juice is very high in vitamin K which promotes general bone and heart health.Because of celery’s diuretic properties (high water content) and the fact that it contains magnesium, phthalides, and potassium, celery may actually help those with high blood pressure.
5. It is high in vitamin C, which is critical for your immune system.Celery contains bioactive flavonoids that help to fight and prevent cancer cells.
6. Experimental studies show that celery has anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Celery seeds have even been used in the treatment of skin conditions including psoriasis, and respiratory diseases including asthma and bronchitis.
7. Lowers blood pressure - Studies have shown that celery seed extracts have anti-hypertensive properties. Celery contains a phytochemical that relaxes the tissues of the artery walls. This causes increased blood flow and may lower blood pressure.
8. Consuming celery juice had a positive effect on doxorubicin treatment and reduced damage from free radicals.
9. Celery is very high in calcium and silicon which help to regenerate and strengthen damaged bones. Celery is also high in Vitamin K which plays an important role in bone metabolism and protection against osteoporosis.
10. The combination of sodium and potassium makes it a natural diuretic. It regulates the fluid in the body and promotes urine production. This makes celery incredibly good for flushing toxins out of the body while also enhancing weight loss.
Directions to Celery Juicing:
1 bunch celery
1 bunch celery1/2 cup water or more if needed
Juice the celery using the instructions per your juicer.
Roughly chop the celery and add to your blender with the water. Begin to blend. If it's not blending, add a little more water.Strain the celery pulp out using a wire mesh strainer, a flour sack towel, or a nut bag.
Drink quickly on an empty stomach for maximum health benefits.The juicer method will yield about 6 oz of celery juice - this could vary between 4-8 oz depending on how large your celery bunch is. I recommend starting out with half of a bunch if you have a sensitive stomach. You can work your way up to 2 bunches for maximum health benefits!